Thursday, September 18, 2014
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S PRESIDENT SAYS DAMAGE COULD BE MANAGEABLE IF THE ONGOING PROTESTS ARE RESOLVED SOON.
Asian Development Bank President Takehiko Nakao warned on Wednesday that an ongoing political impasse could damage Pakistan’s recently stabilized economy, as the country’s finance minister said Islamabad would miss its growth target due to recent floods.
Speaking at a joint press conference, Nakao and finance minister Ishaq Dar praised the government of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for improving the macro-economic outlook and pursuing a liberalization agenda.
Posted on 5:25 PM
Posted on 2:09 PM
Past elections:General elections from 1954 to 1970
Between 1947 and 1958, there were no direct elections held in Pakistan at the national level. Provincial elections were held occasionally. The West Pakistan provincial elections were described as "a farce, a mockery and a fraud upon the electorate"
The first direct elections held in the country after independence were for the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab between 10–20 March 1951. The elections were held for 197 seats. As many as 939 candidates contested the election for 189 seats, while the remaining seats were filled unopposed. Seven political parties were in the race. The election was held on an adult franchise basis with approximately one-million voters. The turnout remained low. In Lahore, the turnout was 30 per cent of the listed voters and in rural areas of Punjab it was much lower.
Posted on 9:12 AM
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Posted on 4:50 PM
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Troops take up positions to protect parliament as 30,000 supporters of Imran Khan and Tahir-ul-Qadri hold rally.
Posted on 12:10 PM
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
- PK-45-Migistrate First Class Notification
- Re-Tender Notice
- Hearing about delimitation in SC
- Nomination Forms of Returned Candidates with Annexures
- Statements of Assets and Liabilites of Parliamentarians for Financial Year 2012-2013
- Zabta-e-Ikhlaq LGE
- Strategic Plan Progress Nineth Report(May10-Jun13)
Posted on 10:35 AM
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Posted on 10:48 AM
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Assests & Resources
- Pakistan has sixth largest population in the world.
- Pakistan has world’s largest irrigation system.
- Khewra salt mine, the second largest salt mine in the world is in Pakistan.
- Pakistan holds four out of fourteen highest peaks in the world. K2 is the second highest mountain in the world.
- The world’s largest deep sea port, Gawadar is in Pakistan.
- Thar Desert, one of the largest deserts, is in Pakistan.
- World’s highest Polo ground is in Pakistan where Shundur Polo festival is being organized.
- Edhi is running one of the World’s largest Ambulance network.
- The highest railway station of Asia is in Pakistan.
- Karakoram Highway runs through the northern areas connecting Pakistan with China’s Xingjiang province is often described as ” Eighth Wonder of the World” due to the marvel of civil engineering as it has taken 15 years to complete by the Pakistan Army Engineers in collaboration with China. It’s been labeled as “World’s highest paved international Road” under World’s toughest terrain.
- Thar Coal reserves are estimated to be 850 Trillion Cubic Feet. There is enough coal in Pakistan's Thar area that it can be used to generate power for the next 100 years without relying on other power sources
- The mineral resource at Reko Diq (Balouchistan) is estimated at 5.9 billion tonnes with an average copper grade of 0.41% and an average gold grade of 0.22 g/tonne.
Power & Strength
- Pakistan is ninth super-power nation of the world.
- Pakistan is the 34th largest nation of the world by Area
- The economy of Pakistan is the 26th largest in the world in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP)
- Pakistani armed forces are internationally ranked sixth largest in the world by 2010.
- Sixth nuclear power of the world.
- Pakistan is notable for having one of the best trained airforce pilots in the world.
- Air Commodore MM ALAM (Late) has a world record of shooting down 5 planes in less than a Minute.
- The country is listed among the "Next Eleven" economies.
Education & Achievements
- Pakistan has seventh largest collection of scientists and engineers.
- Pakistan has world's youngest civil judge, Muhammad Illyas.
- World’s youngest certified Microsoft Experts Arfa Kareem (Late) and Babar Iqbal are from Pakistan.
- Dr. Abdus Salam – Nobel Prize winner (Physics 1979).
- LUMS (Lahore University of Management Sciences) attracts students from Middle East, the Far East, Central Asia, and other parts of South Asia.
- Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan hailed as the most important Qawwali singer of the 20th century and received many awards around the globe such as The “Legends” award at the UK Asian Music Awards (2005).
Pakistan is one of the world's largest producers of the following commodities according to FAOSTAT, the statistical arm of the Food and Agriculture Organisation of The United Nations, given here with the 2008 ranking:
- Pakistan is the world's third largest producer of Apricot
- Pakistan is the world's second largest producer of Buffalo Milk
- Pakistan is the world's third largest producer of Chickpea
- Pakistan is the world's fourth largest producer of Cotton, lint
- Pakistan is the world's third largest producer of Cotton, Seed
- Pakistan is the world's fifth largest producer of Dates
- Pakistan is the world's sixth largest producer of Mango
- Pakistan is the world's fourth largest producer of Onion, dry
- Pakistan is the world's eleventh largest producer of Oranges
- Pakistan is the world's eleventh largest producer of Rice,paddy
- Pakistan is the world's fifth largest producer of Sugarcane
- Pakistan is the world's ninth largest producer of Tangerines, mandarin orange, clementine
- Pakistan is the world's tenth largest producer of Wheat
- Pakistan’s national anthem tune ranks first in the top three tunes of the world.
- Pakistan is the only Muslim nuclear power.
- The second largest Muslim population in the world after Indonesia.
- About 50% of the world's footballs are made in Pakistan.
- One of the oldest civilizations in history, Mohenjo Daro is in Pakistan.
- First PC virus was created by two Pakistani brothers. (Maybe not something to be very proud of, but it still might have required an impressive level of intellect to do so).
- The Shah Faisal Mosque in Islamabad can accommodate almost 100,000 worshipers. Completed in 1976, it could at that time probably hold the city’s entire population.
Pakistan is a founding member of:
- Islamic Conference (now the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation),
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation,
- Developing 8 Countries and
- The Economic Cooperation Organization.
Posted on 9:26 AM
Monday, April 28, 2014
- Notification(PP-107 Hafizabad - III)
- Programme (Bye Election PP-107)
- Notification(PK-90 Chitral-II)
- Programme (Bye Election PP-136)
- RO/DRO PP-136
- LG Schedule Balochistan (Reserved Seats)
- Appellate Authorities LG Balochistan
- Notification(NA-89 Jhang)
- Repoll NA-202
- RO/DRO (Bye Election NA-202)
- Programme (Bye Election NA-46)
- RO/DRO NA-46
- Programme (Bye Election PP-259)
- RO/DRO PP-259
Posted on 11:58 AM
2013 elections (91) ali gillani kidnaped (2) altaf hussain (2) asif zardari (2) code of conduct (2) contesting candidates (1) ecp (30) Election Commision has Announced the General Election 2013 Schedule (2) election commision of pakistan (1) election pakistan (12) electoral rolls 2012 (3) electronic voting (1) ELIGIBILITY TO BE A VOTER (1) geo news (1) history of pakistani elections (2) How to verify your vote (2) imran khan (23) Imran vows to award 25pc party tickets to youth (1) Imran Vs.Sarfaraz at NA-126 (1) Interesting Facts about Women Politicians (1) LAST DAY OF GOVT. (1) Latest LG (Punjab) (1) Latest LG (Sindh) (2) Latest News Election Comission (5) LG (5) LIST OF DISTRICT RETURING OFFICER (1) mqm (2) najam sethi (1) national assembly (4) nawaz sharif (4) opinion polls (1) Overseas Pakistanis (1) pakistan past elections (1) pakistan tehreek e insaf (3) pakistani election 2013 (15) pakistani voters (4) party manifesto (3) party symbols (3) Party tickets: PTI (5) pervez musharaf (1) pml (2) PML (N) Manifesto (1) PML (Q) Manifesto (1) pml n (5) pml q (1) political columns (1) political parties of pakistan (9) PPP (3) PPP unveils polls manifesto (1) pti (28) pti election campaign (1) pti facebook app. (1) pti iphone app (1) PTI Jalsa at Minaar-e-Pakistan (2) pti kpk (3) PTI Launches Android app (1) pti project launch (2) Report on the five years performance of the lower house. (1) results (2) Revised schedule (1) Sindh Govt (1) summary registered voters (1) top leaders (1) voter education material (1) voter registeration (1) voters (1)