of Pakistan to obtain a majority or else the elections will result in a hung parliament. If a political party with the
most votes is either unable or unwilling to form a coalition government within a certain time-frame, a runoff election
will be carried out.
U.S. monitor recommendations
- July 31, 2012: The Election Commission of Pakistan announces final printing of computerized electoral rolls,
- August 1, 2012: The Election Commission of Pakistan announces 2012 general elections would be held on
- November 16, 2012: The US Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Olsen stated that the United States applauds
- December, 2012: Supreme Court of Pakistan orders delimitation of constituencies and door-to-door
- January 17, 2013: Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) starts door-to-door verification of voters list.